[Noisebridge-discuss] To the @#$er that broke into my member shelf...

John Withers jwithers at reddagger.org
Wed Mar 20 18:59:15 UTC 2013

Martin,

Really sorry to hear this. And yeah, I think that most people, myself
certainly, who work on hardware projects more complex than toy stuff
that can be done in a single sitting and taken home have given up on
trying to work at NB. I am currently visiting another space for a few
weeks and got tired and thought I had moved my project to a shelf Hive
has kindly let me use for the duration of my stay. I come back in a
couple of days later and can't find any of my stuff and have to spend
about 15 minutes looking for it and find it right where I had
incorrectly left it. And I realized how strange I find it that you can
leave anything laying around and have a reasonable expectation it will
not have been converted to meth when you come back.

NB does a lot of things well, and certain things related to the
intersection of political awareness and technology culture *really*
well. But being a place useful for hackers who work on anything but
political agendas and software, not so much at this point.