[Noisebridge-discuss] National Security Letters (NSLs)

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Thu Mar 21 00:10:53 UTC 2013

On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 01:49:05PM -0700, warning at type-error.net wrote:
> I had an National Security Letter (NSL) served against me from the
> Secret Service.

Did you receive one of the few NSLs without a confidentiality
requirement, or did you manage to get it set aside, or are you relying
on Judge Illston's decision in this disclosure?  (Just curious.)

> Has anyone on the list here (other than Jake)
> experienced this?

To the best of my knowledge, Noisebridge has never received any kind of
subpoena, NSL, grand jury summons, demand letter, or similar legal
process.

Also to the best of my knowledge no officer, volunteer, or member of
Noisebridge has received any subpoena, NSL, summons, or demand in
relation to Noisebridge.

-andy