[Noisebridge-discuss] SMT stencils with new Vinyl cutter?

Taylor Alexander tlalexander at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 23:38:10 UTC 2013

Just saw an article on Hackaday about cutting PCB stencils with a little
hobby cutter, but the writer suggested that a "normal" vinyl cutter (like
this<http://www.uscutter.com/USCutter-MH-Series-Vinyl-Cutter-w-Sure-Cuts-A-Lot-Pro-Design-Cut-Software>,
and I think like the new one we got) might work better. Anyone have an idea
if this new cutter could cut 4mil mylar for fine pitch SMT parts? If the
answer is "maybe" I might investigate (thought I rarely have time to visit
the city), or if anyone else wants to investigate, I can provide sample PCB
stencil files to play with in whatever format.
Original article:
http://www.hackeda.com/blog/start-printing-pcb-stencils-for-about-200/

-Taylor