[Noisebridge-discuss] Sat: Solder workshop at Sudo Room

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 20 20:45:25 UTC 2013

I'll be giving a workshop at Sudo Room, in downtown Oakland!You are invited to come learn to solder and make cool stuff!     (Similar to what I do each week at Circuit Hacking Monday, at Noisebridge.)
Saturday, March 23rd, 2pm-5pm.

All ages, All skill levels, All welcome!

This is a great chance to learn how to solder, learn about electronics, and/or learn about Sudo Room.

It is perfectly fine if you've never soldered before!
I'll have plenty of fun and intriguing kits designed for total beginners to complete successfully (and cool enough for total experts to enjoy). Sudo Room is a great community. Come and meet some new friends!

Where: Sudo Room, 3rd floor of 2141 Broadway, Oakland, CA  94612     (entrance on 22nd St.)
Two blocks from 19th Street BART Station.

When: Saturday, 23-March, 2pm-5pm
 Just show up! No reservation is needed.
 Most projects take a bout 1 to 2 hours after my intro.

Who: You! It is fun to make things in the friendly community of Sudo Room.
 All ages. All skill levels. All welcome!

Cost: Instruction is Free!
 If you want one of the following kits, reimbursement for the kit price is requested.
      (kit prices are $10 to $35, depending on kit)
All kits are designed for total beginners to complete successfully.
Some of the kits available:
TV-B-Gone-- (turn off any TV in public places!)
Diavolino -- (make your own shield-compatible Arduino!)
OpenHeart -- (animate fun patterns in the shape of a heart!)
LoL Shield -- (Lots of LEDs! for your Arduino!)
"Hi My Name Is" badge -- (you may have seen me wearing mine)
 Brain Machine -- (Meditate, Hallucinate, and Trip Out!)
Trippy RGB Waves -- (interactive blinky lights!)
LEDcube -- (animated 3D cube of LEDs!)
MiniPOV -- (write messages in the air!)
BoArduino -- (make your own fully functional Arduino -- for solderless breadboards!)Atari Punk Console -- (Make noise!)MintyBoost -- (recharge anything with a USB connector!)
Microcontroller programmer (USBtinyISP) -- (program all your AVR family chips!)
And more!

More info is available on the above kits at:
http://www.CornfieldElectronics.com
http://www.adafruit.com
http://www.appliedplatonics.com
http://www.jimmieprodgers.com