[Noisebridge-discuss] Concern with the "greeting" procedure.

Robert "Finny" Merrill rfmerrill at berkeley.edu
Fri Mar 22 03:48:10 UTC 2013

So I don't expect nb to adjust its culture based on my personal
idiosyncrasies but...

Generally when I come into nb, I have something immediate on my
mind--I need to solder or desolder something, or measure something on
a scope, or check my email, or use the bathroom etc.

I have nontrivial ADHD. When I have a task in mind it is VERY
disruptive for me to be engaged in conversation that I have to put
thought into. It's as if I am mentally carrying a stack of dishes and
someone coming up to me and talking to me is like being physically
bumped into.

So if every time I walk into the space, I have to engage in a
conversation with someone before I am allowed to do what I have on my
mind, this makes NB a much less useful place to get work done.

Maybe other people share this trait, maybe not. Just giving my perspective.

-Finny