[Noisebridge-discuss] On Asking People To Leave (Was Re: Shawn L. )

Mitchel McAllister xonimmortal at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 10 09:34:38 UTC 2013

Let's all have a moment of silence for maestro's dear departed sense of honesty and logic.

There was no threat of violence. But it looks like there's plenty of deflection going on. (look it up)

Yes, you were yelling. Repeatedly. In fact, you kept yelling when I was standing directly in front of you asking you what was going on.

The only thing you said about Kev was that he needed to to be told to leave because he was acting like a douche. Your words. When I tried to understand what was actually happening, you refused to speak to me. And you started pretending to be on the phone after that.

There was no conversation on the phone. Unless everybody you know is in the habit of not responding within the split-second pause you were giving for the illusory person on the other end of the line. By the way, next time you might want to hide the screen completely - it was in screen-saver mode. Phones don't go into screen-saver during a call (although the screen might dim after five minutes or so)

Nobody is going to ask anyone to leave solely on your say-so, especially when your say-so doesn't even cover what they allegedly did wrong, without finding out what the situation is first. I know, that completely destroys your perception of how reality works, but them's the breaks, kiddy-o.

I have seen a few times where your standard response to anyone trying to act rationally is to ignore them. Update your repertoire. Perhaps you could pick up rational discourse as a hobby?

Maybe you need to pace the room to compose a sentence, but I don't.

And yes, the guy on page 13 of my novel IS actually you.

- Reverend Mik McAllister
Purveyor of Subversive Fiction
http://www.prismandink.com
http://www.lunatextpublications.com