[Noisebridge-discuss] On Asking People To Leave (Was Re: Shawn L. )

jim jim at well.com
Sun Mar 10 18:49:20 UTC 2013

    As a courtesy to the rest of us, those who are
discussing this issue please calm down and discuss
the issues without getting personal, please.

    The issues seem to include
* using a classroom: my understanding is that the events
  section of the front page of the NB wiki sufficiently
  notifies everyone of a claim on a NB space or other
  resource. For years this seems an honored convention
  that protects classes in both Turing and Church
  classrooms.
* how to handle cellphone calls? Myself I either use
  the top of the stairs or the dirty shop, in which
  noisy power tools are used (so why not phones, too).
* needing a member. My understanding is that there is no
  need for members per se; in the case of conflict,
  anyone can ask anyone else to help resolve a problem
  (most notably actual physical violence, sexually
  driven accostments, and reckless behavior (drunks and
  dopers). As a matter of excellence, people should be
  willing to respond to such requests for mediation.