[Noisebridge-discuss] Occupying Vacant Commercial Property

Martin Bogomolni martinbogo at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 02:30:59 UTC 2013

There is no commercial rent control in San Francisco.  There is rent
control for housing, but I've never heard of a "10 year fallow"
clause.

from : http://www.sfrb.org/index.aspx?page=954

The annual allowable increase amount effective March 1, 2013 through
February 28, 2014 is 1.9 %. The annual allowable increase amount
effective March 1, 2012 through February 28, 2013 is 1.9 %.

There is no limit on the amount of rent a landlord may first charge
the tenant when renting a vacant unit. Rent increases in rental units
outside of San Francisco are not within the San Francisco Rent Board's
jurisdiction. There is no commercial rent control in San Francisco.

To receive a complete list of past annual allowable increases, you can
fax it to yourself through our Fax Back system by calling 252-4660 or
visit our website at www.sfrb.org. The list is also available at our
office.

December 2012