[Noisebridge-discuss] low power / sleep modes on Teensy?

Dean Mao dean.mao at hackerdojo.com
Sat Mar 16 09:02:49 UTC 2013

When you power down or sleep the chip, it will disconnect from usb.  It's
your responsibility for restoring the usb connectivity when you wake up.
 You can probably look at the vusb project to see how one might do it, but
it will differ since each teensy version uses a completely different mcu.

On Sun, Mar 10, 2013 at 1:44 PM, Glenn Wright <infinite.perplexity at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Hi all, I have a question that I have not been able to solve on Google,
> nor by tinkering-without-soldering-permanently, so I was wondering if
> anyone knew the answer from experience.  How do the Arduino sleep modes
> (and libraries such as Narcoleptic) work on a Teensy, given that the
> controller communicates directly with the USB port instead of using an FTDI
> chip?  Does putting the Teensy into low-power modes shut off power to the
> USB port?  If so, is there any way to subsequently reprogram the board via
> USB?  I noticed that the Narcoleptic library does *not* turn off the power
> to the FTDI chip on a normal Arduino, but I'm not sure what the
> implications would be on the Teensy.  On the PJRC website, there is this
> bit of incredibly useful information regarding turning off power to the USB
> port on a Teensy:
>
> "TODO: code samples"
>
> --
> -Glenn