[Noisebridge-discuss] Just wanted to share this... (Weev)

Garrett Mace garrettmace at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 19:53:04 UTC 2013

On Mar 22, 2013, at 12:39 PM, "Robert \"Finny\" Merrill" <rfmerrill at berkeley.edu> wrote:

> For real the case is all kinds of fucked up. If anything it's an
> obvious power move by AT&T--"we are above the law, here let us show
> you how above the law we are"

"...by working entirely within the law."

The fact is that pointing fingers at one thing, doesn't mean everything else is not part of the problem...overeager prosecutors, ambiguous laws, weev being an annoying idiot, and AT$T's maudlin lawyers. Maybe if any one of those factors were missing, weev would be a free, racist, idiot. But the lack of consistent and straightforward case law in these incidents means that if you touch an IP address in a questionably appropriate way, you could become a security hero, go to FPMITA prison, or anything in between.