[Noisebridge-discuss] Secure video recording apps (WAS: door "security": culture, not policy.)

Sai noisebridge at saizai.com
Sat Mar 23 05:24:50 UTC 2013

I don't. I was simply reminded of something that I happen to want.
This thread has nothing to do with Noisebridge; I thought that was
clear from my saying "iPhone or Android" at the top. :-/

Think e.g. being able to record cops (or TSA, or …) without them being
able to easily stop, delete, or review the footage if they seize your
camera.*

- Sai

* Of course, such actions would be, according to the Department of
Justice, in violation of law so clearly established that they would
have no entitlement to qualified immunity, and they would thus be
liable to a §1983 / Bivens suit. But that's a lot easier to prove if
you don't let them destroy the evidence in the first place.

http://images.politico.com/global/2013/03/08/garcia_doj_soi_03-04-13.pdf