[Noisebridge-discuss] door "security": culture, not policy.

Robert "Finny" Merrill rfmerrill at berkeley.edu
Sat Mar 23 05:46:22 UTC 2013

Even better, use secret-sharing algorithms to split the video stream
into, say, five pieces, and store them in five different countries,
each store maintained by a citizen of that country who we've sworn to
only release video if they are convinced that consensus was reached
and we are not under government pressure.

Then once you've gotten those pieces and combined them, you're left
with cyphertext which, as before, requires a supermajority of current
members to decrypt.

This leaves the vulnerability of the cameras and the machine doing the
encrypting. Ideally the encryption would be performed by the cameras
themselves, which then stream the encrypted data to a computer that
then relays it overseas.

I think bugging the cameras themselves is probably not much easier
than just installing your own cameras, so why worry about that.