[Noisebridge-discuss] Concern with the "greeting" procedure.

Mitchel McAllister xonimmortal at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 26 05:37:33 UTC 2013

--- On Mon, 3/25/13, Robert "Finny" Merrill <rfmerrill at berkeley.edu> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 10:15 AM,
> John Ellis <neurofog at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Even a trivial interactions help filter some of the
> persons not so welcome
> > in the space (eg. those under the influence of drugs,
> alcohol)
>
> Can we please be more specific about what we mean when we
> say "drugs"?
> You might think everyone knows which drugs you're talking
> about but
> that is not necessarily the case.
>
> Furthermore I don't think merely being under the influence
> of any
> particular substance should be a criterion per se, but only
> their
> behavior (whether it be a result of consumption or
> NON-consumption of
> a psychoactive drug).

How about "under the influence of controlled substances without benefit of a legal prescription"?

Personally, the idea of someone using the power tools, soldering irons, laser cutter, etc., under the influence of certain substances is enough to give me nightmares. I'm sure our insurance company feels the same way.

- Reverend Mik McAllister
Purveyor of Subversive Fiction
http://www.prismandink.com
http://www.lunatextpublications.com