[Noisebridge-discuss] Panic! Noisebridge will close down in July UNLESS YOU READ ALL OF THIS EMAIL (Part 1 of many)

Snail snailtsunami at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 23:05:07 UTC 2013

Thanks for reminding us, Rob!

We'd been wanting to open new, alternative payment accounts to PayPal
(I think even WePay had been mentioned), but our 501c3 non-profit
status needed to be cleared again by some additional paperwork which
took literally months to get in order. All in all it didn't stop us
from operating since we were in the process of filing the papers but
did prevent us from opening new banking/payment accounts while it was
going on.

THIS IS A LESSON TO REMEMBER TO FILL OUT ALL THE PAPERWORK AND THEN
SOME PAPERWORK MORE JUST IN CASE, WHEN YOU START YOUR NONPROFITS,
FOLKS.

It did FINALLY clear a couple weeks ago, and now that we have a new
treasurer to put to the grindstone we should prod him about it 'til it
gets done. ;)

On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 11:15 PM, Robert Benson <sf99er at gmail.com> wrote:
> @danny
>
> after sharing the wepay link on twitter, @punkboyinsf complained about Nb
> using paypal. i, too, have considered this an unfortunate arrangement,
> although it was probably set up before "we" had an issue with paypal.
> perhaps its time to open a wepay account 4 Nb. occupysf used wepay with good
> results & its pretty easy to set up. you have to send (electronically) them
> a voided check & a picture of ur id, tho
>
> ty 4 ur consideration
>
> best wishes
>
> ~robb

-Snailssnailssnailssnailssnailssnailssnails