[Noisebridge-discuss] the mains outlet near turing, and pony and stallion are farpotshket

Danny O'Brien danny at spesh.com
Sun May 5 03:07:17 UTC 2013

So... I tried to use the green screen to conduct an interview, and plugged
in a lamp to the power outlet just outside Turing and the lamp went PTCHUI,
and as a result:

* the audio synth tutorial ended a little earlier than they expected
* the mains outlet outside Turing still didn't work, so i checked the fuses
* in checking the fuses, I... somewhat foolishly ended up rebooting rack
* pony/stallion did not return from their moment of powerlessness

Josh tells me the term for this is Farpotshket
http://betterthanenglish.com/farpotshket-yiddish/

I did not discover how to return the turing power outlet or reboot pony,
despite diligent attempts to find these things out. I did not want to make
anything more farpotshket, but would like to learn how to do these things
in future.

I also, in my grumpiness, harangued Cynthia and scared off some skater kids
who were bouncing up and down on the doorbell

d.