[Noisebridge-discuss] elevator out of service

Leif Ryge leif at synthesize.us
Wed May 8 17:56:26 UTC 2013

An Associate Safety Engineer for Elevators from the State of California
Department of Industrial Relations Division of Occupational Safety &
Health visited Noisebridge this morning to inspect our elevator.

Due to the "stop" button being nonfunctional (part of the button itself
is missing) he has turned off the elevator. It can be turned back on by
a repair person as soon as they fix it. (The repair person will also
notify the state that it has been fixed.)

The inspector will email his report to our landlord in a few days, which
will also mention two less critical issues: the pit needs to be cleaned,
and the ladder next to the spacebridge shelves needs to be more
accessible so that a repair person could more easily access the elevator
machine room in an emergency. The first issue is something the landlord
should handle; the second is something we should.

Andy is contacting the landlord to ask them to call a repair person.

~leif