[Noisebridge-discuss] Hackables or trash?

Robert "Finny" Merrill rfmerrill at berkeley.edu
Thu May 23 02:46:34 UTC 2013

I'm moving and have a bunch of stuff I've hoarded that needs to go. Of
the following, what should I leave at NB and what should I toss?

- Old KVM switch
- OLD external 10BASE-T network transceiver (curiosity's sake)
- Rather nice home theater receiver--works for a few minutes and then
turns off with flashing red light (this could be overheating or a
faulty transistor somewhere)
- Dell printer-scanner combo--no ink, but the scanner worked great
last time I tried
- Two somewhat low-end pieces of disco lighting, one of which is
missing a mirror
- A power supply for large photographic flashes, partially
disassembled--has a LOT of HUGE capacitors inside
- A cheap german laptop, missing bottom cover (also no RAM or hard
drive), POSTs fine but has some sort of display issue (linux works
great as long as you stay in text mode)
- Pair of stanton T-60 turntables without needles, the start/stop
button is stuck on one of them but other than that they work fine.