[Noisebridge-discuss] CJDNS - Hyperboria - Project Meshnet

Alcides Gutierrez alcides888 at gmail.com
Thu May 23 17:48:09 UTC 2013

Hi everyone! I've been in the space a few times and told a couple of folks
about my mesh network ambitions. So now we're fundraising for CJDNS support
for Openwrt and Windows.

CJDNS is a mesh protocol flavor that emphasizes privacy through built-in
encryption and encourages trust and socializing through a trusted peer
model.

Hyperboria is a pretty large network of CJDNS networks ('mesh islands')
scattered across the globe and connected via Internet tunnel. Several
services are run such as HypeIRC, and some only accessible via Hyperboria.

Project Meshnet is an effort to research, develop, and deploy functional
mesh networks based on CJDNS and also expand Hyperboria to become the next
generation of the Internet.

Ambitious, yes. But very hard to do with the current state of support:
Linux and MacOS. If we can support Openwrt and Windows the doors can open
wider for development and testing.

If you or anyone you know is interested in supporting this development,
visit fund.meshwith.me .

$125 gets you a wireless router preconfigured with peers so all you have to
do is plug it in and connect to Hyperboria. If you have any questions
please feel free to ask. Im usually on #Noisebridge and #Sudoroom on
Freenode (VaporOne).

But feel free to explore projectmeshnet.org or even install a node on your
Linux and explore Hyperboria!

Alcides Gutierrez
http://e64.us