[Noisebridge-discuss] NB Reset

johny radio johnyradio at gmail.com
Thu May 30 22:40:17 UTC 2013

Dan Cote terminationshok at gmail.com wrote
>Stop bitching about the decline of Noisebridge.

Johny Radio: So Dan, you do not think that talking about problems
helps fix them? Or, are you saying you're just fine with NB the way it
is?

DC: Stop daydreaming about rules and control.
JR: Yep, Dan, as long as NB peeps like you are dead set against any
kind of structure, a daydream it shall remain. But, if you are
suggesting that people who want more community-agreed,
community-designed structure are trying to gain control for
themselves, that is false.

DC: Pick up a broom and kick out some oogles!
JR: Dan, I do not appreciate or agree with your implication that
people who talk about problems are just lazy and unwilling to do the
dirty work. I've cleaned NB toilets, mopped NB floors, washed other
people's dirty dishes, and spent many hours organizing IC chips in the
electronics area. Soon after, the bathrooms, kitchen, and electronics
area returned to their usual filthy, hit-by-a-tornado condition. Soon
after, i got fed up with other people's lack of consideration, and
stopped trying. Relying on the random efforts of do-gooders will only
result in abuse by do-badders. Also, I think it's pretty disrespectful
of you to order other people to pick up a broom. Are you the NB boss?

DC: Please no one try to "fix" the actual functioning of the elevator.
JR: Apparently, Dan, you don't want anyone to try and fix NB either.

Of course, there's no such thing as "fixing" something, if there's no
stated ideal that we're working toward. Without a written
community-agreed description of what NB is trying to be, there's
nothing to work toward. IMO, NB needs a Mission Statement.

-Johny Radio