[Noisebridge-discuss] Orientation

Andrew Byrne andrew at pachakutech.com
Wed May 8 20:27:22 UTC 2013

There are several people who manage to do this with grace, describing the
machines, giving safety instructions, establishing behavior guidelines and
so generally promulgating the noisebridge zeitgeist.

It strikes me that a paid receptionist would be able to give some tours and
pass others on to volunteers; their regular hours would also revive the
Coriolanus of Trust, making nb more like a working space. IMO, the
culturally appropriate analogue for the night-time would be a "security
guard" who browses the web at their desk by the door, and occasionally
walks around to see what is going on in the room. I'd pay the receptionist
more, as they will probably be dragged into some clerical work due to the
USPS.

When I first came here, I thought ya'll had a little sandbox scheduler for
members to volunteer staffing the place, and was surprised to find this was
not the case. I'm pretty sure I still have access to the code for a nice
webapp for that.

best
-dru