[Noisebridge-discuss] Orientation

revphil revphil at gmail.com
Thu May 9 19:41:43 UTC 2013

But I have mixed feelings about it but there are ways to encourage people
to become members. Offering perks like lockable storage, for example would
entice some, tho I dont know if it would get that much more money than you
already are getting.

On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 11:51 AM, Darius Garza <313kid at gmail.com> wrote:

> I would be surprised if someone went for the barter deal. There's not much
> advantage to being a member. If people want to "be involved", they can go
> right ahead and do so. Lots of people at noisebridge
> participate regularly and donate to the space without being members
> technically.
>
> d.
>

> On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 11:46 AM, Aly Kaplan <alykaplan at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> This is a mildly interesting proposal, although I don't think Noisebridge
>> should pay anyone..
>>
>> If you opened up membership for barter -- this could work.
>> Lots of folks that want to participate cannot afford even $40/month.
>>
>> In exchange for volunteering hours to help with the space, one could
>> receive membership.
>>
>> -A
>>

>> On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 1:27 PM, Andrew Byrne <andrew at pachakutech.com>wrote:
>>
>>> There are several people who manage to do this with grace, describing
>>> the machines, giving safety instructions, establishing behavior guidelines
>>> and so generally promulgating the noisebridge zeitgeist.
>>>
>>> It strikes me that a paid receptionist would be able to give some tours
>>> and pass others on to volunteers; their regular hours would also revive the
>>> Coriolanus of Trust, making nb more like a working space. IMO, the
>>> culturally appropriate analogue for the night-time would be a "security
>>> guard" who browses the web at their desk by the door, and occasionally
>>> walks around to see what is going on in the room. I'd pay the receptionist
>>> more, as they will probably be dragged into some clerical work due to the
>>> USPS.
>>>
>>> When I first came here, I thought ya'll had a little sandbox scheduler
>>> for members to volunteer staffing the place, and was surprised to find this
>>> was not the case. I'm pretty sure I still have access to the code for a
>>> nice webapp for that.
>>>
>>> best
>>> -dru

7 years of sex-positive, human-powered porno
________Hop on The Porny Express________