[Noisebridge-discuss] ?How not to crash at noisebridge

Michael Clift occupirate at gmail.com
Fri May 10 17:57:36 UTC 2013

I think NB should be able to "accommodate" out of towners here on
business...this war on sleeping is stupid. I dont want people "crashing"
here either because NB has a reputation to uphold as a productive space,
but that being said, I dont think we should put limitations on ourselves
and we should be as hospitable as possible. Wherever this classicist tone
is coming from, chill out.
 Some person napping in the hacker stacker does not impede MY work, nor
should anyone really give a shit. Get back to work and stop griping about
homeless hackers,dudes. It looks shitty when folks are laying about on the
sofas and what not, thats why they built the "napping bay".
Not everyone has a cushy IT job, you ding bats so get over the possessive
thing, and realize that NB is a developing entity unto itself...."if it
aint hurtin nothing, leave it be".
Now, NB junkie hackers need to be more vigilant about leaving their works
laying around....found a tie and rig in the bathroom just minutes before a
youngster went in there. This is a far more disturbing "trend" than people
eating food or taking a little nappie.
Gotta admit I was both suprised and pleased that "Sleeping has been
sanctioned at NB" but frankly SHOCKED that people would "allow" heavy drug
use (as long as your a member, anything goes,right?)
I AM NOT A "MEMBER" OF NB, BUT A PART (ITALICS) OF NB.
I am of the opinion that the whole "membership" thing is becoming obsolete,
is limiting and encourages elitist, classicist mentality, aptly
demonstrated by people who happen to have "homes" and typically manifest
rather antiquated attitudes engendered by the techno-weenie/isolated/weirdo
lifestyles of these struggling bobos. As for the Ack Memo...let your
emotions cool before pressing "enter" or "send". I love that kind of stuff,
but dude, most folks think that was kind of dickish, even though it was
sort of neat. NB HAS been described IN PRINT and the MEDIA as an anarchist
based collective that is all inclusive. Sure we have some offbeat
characters, but the bottom line is that we are all SHARING the space, and
should not waste time attempting to dominate the space by asserting status,
anymore than we should allow tweakers to drain our energy and steal our
stuff.
EMBRACE,ENHANCE,EVOLVE.
Peace