[Noisebridge-discuss] California Lawmaker Wants 3-D Printers To Be Regulated

Johny Radio johnyradio at gmail.com
Mon May 13 03:37:27 UTC 2013

On 5/12/2013 4:47 PM, maestro wrote:
> do you, by this, support one's right to defend against violence and
> harm?...

Yes, which is why i said "usually".
Instead of violence, a better term might be "violent abuse" to
differentiate from "violent self-defense".

Do i feel the US gov is perpetrating violent abuse against people around
the world, in violation of human rights? Yes. But i also think many
people working in our government (and military) are truly working for
justice in america.

Do i believe violence against the US gov, by it's victims, will provide
anyone with "defense"? Generally, no-- it will fail. And if it succeeds,
then we'll only have a new abusive government. Abuse breeds abuse.

In particular, do i think that if some Congress people get hit by a bus,
that will eliminate injustice? No. I believe the only way to produce
deep, lasting change is structural reform. Killing some Congresspeople
seems a highly blunt and ill-guided method for producing structural change.

However, some Congresspeople getting hit by a bus may satisfy some
bitter folks' emotional need for violent retribution. So there's that.