[Noisebridge-discuss] Speakers and amplified sound at NB

Andrew Byrne andrew at pachakutech.com
Wed May 29 06:06:29 UTC 2013

May I just add to this that the music being played was Apollo fucking
Brown, with the volume init(ALL_THE_WAY_DOWN), the music was two bars in
when you asked to turn it.off; I have empathy for people painfully
sensitive to stimuli and would have been quick to turn it down even further
if asked, or off without further comment at first mention of your
hyperalgesic condition.

I do appreciate the work you do around the space, and in that spirit will
use this moment of infamy to point out the need for us to mount the large,
now legless 48" monitor somewhere off the ground, cuz that's going to get
trashed otherwise. It can run HD through DVI, but I've only seen windows
get its particular resolution correct-- it's a v. early 1080. If it were
mounted up, of course, VGA should be sufficient.

Drama? It was a nice, sunny spring day when I get a "people are only able
to use the PA for projects." I immediately felt inclined to play Steve
Reich for a quarter hour as a "project"; let's all be happy I, too, hate
drama.

Best
-dru