[Noisebridge-discuss] (no subject)

Liz Henry lizhenry at gmail.com
Thu May 30 22:38:21 UTC 2013

I don't agree in that I would like the focus of the space to be on making,
learning, teaching, hacking. If someone is doing those things, and they can
behave themselves, respecting other people's boundaries, I don't care where
or how they live.

Drunken is a different situation: I often don't trust people with substance
abuse issues or drunk or on some drug to abide by basic social behavior.
Out of basic human compassion and ethics I want them to survive and also to
get help. That help probably isn't at Noisebridge.  Libraries still boot
people out for bad behavior, including for being obviously drunk.

- liz

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 3:20 PM, johny radio <johnyradio at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 2:21 PM, Praveen Sinha <dmhomee at gmail.com> wrote:
> >Urban libraries throughout history are famous for doubling as safe spaces
> for the homeless and drunken and otherwise outcast in society
>
> If the community agrees that's to be the function of NB, then i sure
> accept it.
>
> Does the NB community agree that NB shall double as a safe space for
> the homeless and drunken and otherwise outcast in society?

Liz Henry
lhenry at mozilla.com
lizhenry at gmail.com