[Noisebridge-discuss] Circuit Hacking Monday June 3rd at Noisebridge

revphil revphil at gmail.com
Fri May 31 21:25:51 UTC 2013

I have virtually no experience, but does anyone have experience building
something like this:
http://www.brightbikelabs.com/products/bright-bike-revolution

this guy did a pretty good job documenting it, but it is still in
development
http://parttimetinkerer.wordpress.com/2011/11/12/charging-gadgets-from-a-hub-dynamo/

"Adding batteries makes the project much more complex, though, as the
> charge levels needs to be monitored to avoid overcharging and there needs
> to be a way to switch source from the dynamo to the battery when standing
> still. Hopefully I’ll find some time to put it together over christmas.
> At the end of the day though, the main problem is how much current the
> dynamo can generate. Based on some crude measurements, I’m getting around
> 300-400mA out of this circuit at ~25km/h. That’s not even really enough to
> charge the phone on its own, let alone together with batteries. Perhaps
> there is a way to draw more current or, as Arend suggested, improve the
> efficiency of the circuit above."

ack!

rev

On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 1:37 PM, Mitch Altman <maltman23 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> You are invited to *Circuit Hacking Monday*, *at Noisebridge*!
> *Monday, June 3rd, 7:30pm*
> All ages, All skill levels, All welcome!
> *
>
> *
> <https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/File:Arduinos_For_Total_Newbies_workshop.jpg>
>
> Circuit Hacking Monday is a great chance to learn how to solder, learn
> about electronics, and/or learn about Noisebridge.
>

>    - It is perfectly fine if you've never soldered before!
>    - It is perfectly fine to bring in your projects in progress -- it's a
>    great place to get help with your project!
>    - It is perfectly fine to bring in something you'd like help fixing!
>    - It is perfectly fine to just come and hang out with other hardware
>    geeks!
>
> Circuit Hacking Monday is all this, and more.
> You are welcome to come to Circuit Hacking Monday to learn how to make
> cool kits (listed below), but you are also welcome to come and work on your
> own project, fix something, or get familiar with the Noisebridge and its
> electronics lab. You can use our tools, get help, or give help with others
> playing with and making projects. It's a great community. Come and meet
> some new friends!
>
> *Where*: Noisebridge, 3rd floor of 2169 Mission, San Francisco, 94110
> One and a half blocks South of 16th St. Mission BART Station.
>
> *When*: Monday,** June 3rd, 7:30pm till ?? (it is totally OK to come
> late!)
>           Just show up! No reservation is needed.
>           Most projects take a bout 1 to 2 hours.
>
> *Who*: You! It is fun to make things in the friendly community of
> Noisebridge.
> All ages. All skill levels. All welcome!
>
> *Cost*: Instruction is Free!
> If you want one of the following kits, reimbursement for the kit price is
> requested.
> (kit prices are $10 to $35, depending on kit)
>
> All kits are designed for total beginners to complete successfully.
>
> Some of the kits available:
>
> *TV-B-Gone*-- (turn off any TV in public places!)
> *Diavolino* -- (make your own shield-compatible Arduino!)
> *OpenHeart* -- (animate fun patterns in the shape of a heart!)
> * LoL Shield* -- (Lots of LEDs! for your Arduino!)
> *"Hi My Name Is" badge* -- (you may have seen me wearing mine)
> * Brain Machine* -- (Meditate, Hallucinate, and Trip Out!)
> *Mignonette Game* -- (build your own handheld game console!)
> * Trippy RGB Waves* -- (interactive blinky lights!)
> * LEDcube* -- (animated 3D cube of LEDs!)
> * MiniPOV* -- (write messages in the air!)
> *BoArduino* -- (make your own fully functional Arduino -- for solderless
> breadboards!)
> *Atari Punk Console* -- (Make noise!)
> *Microcontroller programmer (USBtinyISP)* -- (program all your AVR family
> chips!)
> **
> *And more!*
> **
>
> More info is available on the above kits at:

> [...]

7 years of sex-positive, human-powered porno
________Hop on The Porny Express________