[Noisebridge-discuss] anti-anonymity proposals

Ceren Ercen ceren at ercen.com
Fri Nov 15 18:16:54 UTC 2013

In This Thread:

a bunch of people who don't attend meetings and don't give a shit about (or
aren't personally affected by) the problem bitch about attempts to address
it.

(potentially flawed attempted, but uh, ATTEMPTS. you know, the thing where
you do the work, take the criticism, and go to all the meetings, and write
out the proposals.)

None of you even halfway tried to parse that this shouldn't affect
pseudo-anonymous membership, you just started moaning.

Jim, you're particularly anti-constructive when you're not personally
affected. The only time you give half a crap about transients is when they
steal tools. I think I remember you trying to make a policy about a mini
room becoming a locked supply closet for only your electrician stuff, when
you were concerned about it. But dealing with serious harassment issues?
They don't exist to you, you're just mister-sit-in-the-road-and-block.

Frantisek, you explicitly broke the rules to sneakily live in NB for a
significant amount of time, and then charmed your way around censure and
banning. And you've don't feel you've lost any moral high-road you are
trying to sling around with "shoulds" and "shouldn'ts" of membership and
problematic presences in the space? That's ballsy.

- Ceren, uselessly telling people to shut up from across the country.