[Noisebridge-discuss] anti-anonymity proposals

jim jim at systemateka.com
Sun Nov 17 22:32:45 UTC 2013

    Great start, and thank you!
    I don't think I suggested not reporting, just
not reporting to a formal authority.
    Why is this about women only, and why is my
opinion not welcome--after all, that's all I'm
doing, presenting my point of view. Do you think
that seeing one's self as a victim is okay?
    Why do you say I'm ignoring anyone's experiences?
I have no idea what others feel and have not so
claimed. I am certainly open to listening and
considering, as I think is obvious by my replies
in this email thread.
    It's dis-empowering to be harassed if you let
it be.
    Who has blocked banishment in the face of
several women's testimonies? I believe not I,
though I certainly dislike the process of
banishment as well as the entire fuss. That said,
I've made none of the claims you suggest.

    I dislike the trend to any policies other
than treat each other excellently. Why is my
opinion not welcome in the group?
    You're right that to report any problems
to disbelief is dis-empowering, certainly
discouraging. But in such a case, shouldn't one
take courage and fight back? I think so.
    Bystanders intervening is right. I never
suggested otherwise--are you suggesting I have?
    I have not claimed to know better than
anyone else; do not accuse me of things I have
not said or done, that's offensive (but not
dis-empowering to me--I refuse to accept that
false criticism, and I'm fighting back)!

    I've read your email and thought about what
you've said. I am defending my right to express
my opinions about life and feelings, and others
have a right to take them or leave them as they
choose. I am not dictating or telling anyone
anything. Why do you think I am? I hope you'll
answer that question.

    Of course you know your own feelings better
than I: you've told me little of your own
experiences. I can only know your lived experience
if you share it with me; if you wish not to, don't
blame me for expressing my point of view, especially
one that I mean in kindness.

    My choice is to defend my right to express my
point of view as well as to listen and think about
whatever you have to say, and I believe I've
repeatedly demonstrated that.

    Again, I thank you for taking the time to
reply--sincerely.