[Noisebridge-discuss] proposal to no longer require fees as a condition of membership

davidfine d at vidfine.com
Thu Nov 21 20:38:37 UTC 2013

I don't need to declare anything void. I'm not doing anything that
requires authority. I'm pointing out that process wasn't followed, and
being an advocate for good process.

If you agree that the members present Tuesday over-enthusiastically
stretched the "minor changes" provision, you agree that the additions
haven't been made valid by consensus. What's likely to happen is that it
will come up again next Tuesday, nobody will block, and we'll move on.

But if we don't insist on following our own rules, the process is
vulnerable to abuse in the future. I'll point out that the thread that
started this was called "Bug/Exploit in the 2nd week of a Consensus Item".
--David