[Noisebridge-discuss] Repairing a digital piano?

Jeffrey Carl Faden jeffreyatw at gmail.com
Fri Nov 22 02:51:33 UTC 2013

I took the piano apart just now, and it seems that the power jack has
broken off from the mainboard (pardon any terminology issues; I don't know
what I'm doing). I don't think it's anything as serious as an IC failure or
improper PSU polarity.

I believe what's actually necessary is just a safe removal (unplugging
wires from the control panel, power switch, and keys) and a re-solder of
the power jack onto its proper place. I don't feel confident in performing
this repair, but possibly someone else does.

Jim, or anyone else who's interested, who'd like to take a gander at the
insides of a digital piano and perform a small repair? I live in Hayes
Valley, and I have a soldering kit at home already (but only Elmer's
glue... maybe I should get a hot glue gun). I can pay something reasonable
if applicable.

Jeffrey