[Noisebridge-discuss] The Nuclear Option

Lee Sonko lee at lee.org
Fri Nov 22 15:44:46 UTC 2013

Let me try responding to Tom's email a different way. Tom wrote:
---- Start of Snippet ----
You edited the membership page, adding incorrect information, ignoring
the notice that the page should only be edited as the result of a
consensus discussion. When I rolled back your changes and asked you to
stop, you admitted that you weren't at the consensus discussion,
hadn't actually read any notes about it, and were just adding
information that you thought was similar to what had been discussed.
Then you edited the page again, so I removed your admin privileges.
----  End of Snippet  ----

Here is my response to each point:
>You edited the membership page, adding incorrect information

The information was correct as of
10-29-13<https://noisebridge.net/wiki/Meeting_Notes_2013_10_29#Proposal_to_create_an_Associate_Member_role_and_limit_access_to_Noisebridge_24.2F7_to_Member.2C_Associate_Member_and_thoes_hosted_by_M_and_AM>.
Sorry if my information had become wildly out of date a week later.

>, ignoring the notice that the page should only be edited as the result of
a consensus discussion.

1- You had placed that notice there just a few hours before. It's
bothersome to think you could write something on a wiki and have it stand
as the law for all eternity without any questioning. The entire world does
not attend all of the same meetings that you attend.
2- You specifically told me that fixing typos was ok

> When I rolled back your changes and asked you to
> stop, you admitted that you weren't at the consensus discussion,

I missed a meeting and was making edits that followed a discussion that had
happened 8 days previously. Sue me.

> hadn't actually read any notes about it, and were just adding
> information that you thought was similar to what had been discussed.

You are making shit up. Read the full text of my email to you
here<https://www.noisebridge.net/pipermail/noisebridge-discuss/2013-November/040631.html>
.
Your melodramatic paraphrasing is not becoming.

>Then you edited the page again, so I removed your admin privileges.

I edited the page again following your specific instructions.

Tom, I would appreciate it if you restored my bureaucrat and administrator
rights on the wiki.

Thanks,
Lee