[Noisebridge-discuss] meraki donation

Leif Ryge leif at synthesize.us
Thu Nov 28 00:26:29 UTC 2013

I just arrived at Noisebridge and found that 700 or so meraki "sparky" boards
have been donated, along with a dozen or so outdoor APs in enclosures.

The sparky boards have two ethernet ports, atheros wifi, and they appear to be
able to run openwrt:
http://wiki.openwrt.org/doku.php?id=oldwiki:openwrtdocs:hardware:meraki:outdoor

Thanks, meraki!

I've notified three IRC channels on freenode where I think there are people who
might do good things with them: #noisebridge, #sudoroom, and #peoplesopen.net.

If you want to put some of these to use, please coordinate with people on IRC
or on this mailing list to let others know what you're doing with them.

I look forward to seeing some cool stuff people do with these things!

~leif