[Noisebridge-discuss] Bug/Exploit in the 2nd week of a Consensus Item

bfb bfb at riseup.net
Wed Nov 20 16:14:08 UTC 2013

James, I agree that eliminating the requirement of member dues as a part of the associate member decision was a stretch. It was topical in the context of a member/associate member contrast. I would not have consensed on a proposal that privileges dues with full participation in consensus.

The exploit you raise was discussed at the meeting, and it was agreed that the consensus reflected what had been posted prior to the meeting closely enough to move forward. I empathize with your concern, and agree that it would have been best to discuss the amended consensus for another week.

Generally, if there's any question of a need to wait another week, I err on waiting. Folks at the meeting you reference felt a need to roll out the work in progress with the understanding that it is open for further amendment. Lol, agile consensus :'( ... please jump in and correct me if I am mistaken.

-Kevin