[Noisebridge-discuss] Asking sleepers at Noisebridge to leave.

Tom Lowenthal me at tomlowenthal.com
Fri Nov 22 17:27:54 UTC 2013

On 22 November 2013 08:37, Al Sweigart <asweigart at gmail.com> wrote:
> I came by the space around 7am this morning and found three people sleeping.

Al, thanks for coming by the space so early, and doing the thankless
task of confronting folks who are behaving poorly.

> I woke up the other two, told them my name, asked if they were members (they
> both said they were associate members).

Did you also ask what their names or wiki user names are? It'd be
great to have people accountable for this sort of behavior. This
probably goes without saying, but I think it'd be pretty bad behavior
for someone to lie about being an associate member.

> If I find the two guys crashing at Noisebridge again, I'm going to propose
> banning them from the space at the next weekly meeting.

As a member, you are empowered to do-ocratically ban someone when they
are behaving poorly and you think it the appropriate remedy. To be
sure, I urge you to use this remedy sparingly, and only when it really
is the right thing to do. A ban issued this way can be reversed by
consensus (just like everything else).

-Tom