[Noisebridge-discuss] Laser Cutter/Engraver

Hilaire Nollette metatecque at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 23:31:04 UTC 2013

So,
The Laser Cutter has been repaired.
I called Full Spectrum Laser and Jeff there was kind enough to send me
instructions on how to properly maintain our laser...
Simply put, care must be undertaken occasionally that would not normally be
required, however in this case and with the energy involved the connection
to the laser tube's ground had become carbon encrusted and was not making a
good connection. I removed the stock connector as per Jeff's instruction
and soldered a female pin connector to the wire which is now attached to
the grounding pin of the laser element which I also cleaned of carbon...

The proper operation of the laser requires you to start your cut with the
energy nob set to the minimum setting, never turning it past half... If you
turn it past half way... about 10-12mw the laser will die within the first
few passes of printing... I will add this to the wiki

If anybody needs help with operating the laser I offer my assistance,
contact me here...
Thanks,
Hilaire