[Noisebridge-discuss] Fwd: CHRS Swap Meet / Radio Hall of Fame Induction / TOMORROW!

giovanni_re john_re at fastmail.us
Sat Nov 2 04:53:30 UTC 2013

People & tech.

---- Original message -----
From: CHRS <newsletter at californiahistoricalradio.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2013 23:58:40 +0000

The latest from The California Historical Radio Society and its Bay Area
Radio Museum

**  Tomorrow... A BIG DAY FOR CHRS
Vintage Radio Swap Meet
BARHOF Induction Luncheon
Open House at KRE

VINTAGE RADIO SWAP MEET AT KRE - TOMORROW -
November 2nd, 9 AM -
Come join us for our winter swap meet at KRE. Always big fun. Last
chance to bring out your extra gear for this year. And, pick up some
winter projects. CHRS will have a pretty good collection of reasonably
priced radios, gear and parts for sale. The building will be open all
day tomorrow if you want to work on projects or just visit.

CHRS SWAP MEET RULES -
1. The gate at KRE will be open no later than 8 AM.
2. At KRE and CSM, sellers may drive in any time after the gate opens,
set up tables and set up your radios for sale. But, be prepared to cover
your sale items with a blanket or tarp until 9 AM. If any pre 9 AM
arrangements between buyers and sellers are observed, the seller will be
asked to leave.
3. So that the sellers are not disturbed when they are setting up, the
selling area will be sectioned off until 9 AM. At KRE buyers can mingle
outside the selling area or in our building. At CSM, sellers will set up
in a designated area and buyers will mingle in a designated area, until
9 AM.
4. There is NO sellers fee at our events. But, donations are always
welcomed. Recurring sellers must have current membership. Membership not
required for one time only sellers.

BAY AREA RADIO HALL OF FAME INDUCTION LUNCHEON -
TOMORROW, November 2nd at 11: 30 AM - 3 PM at Spenger's in Berkeley.
After the Swap Meet at KRE, come join CHRS and the Broadcast Legends as
we induct the 2013 Class of the Bay Area Radio Hall Of Fame. Have a nice
lunch and enjoy this fine program featuring the luminaries that were
voted into the Rdaio Hall Of Fame this year, Bobby Ocean, Dennis Erectus
Netto, Barbara Taylor, Mike Sugerman, Bill Weaver, Mike Pechner, Henry
Leff, Roy Trumbull, Dan Rusanowsky and Jane Morrison. Since 2006, the
Broadcast Legends, California Historical Radio Society and the Bay Area
Radio Museum have honored the legends of local radio at our annual Bay
Area Radio Hall of Fame celebration. This year's event is shaping up to
be our greatest ever and, as you've come to expect from BARHOF, there
will always be a surprise that everyone will be talking about for years!
These events are always lots of fun. Come and meet some of your favorite
broadcasting personalities and Memberrs of the Radio Hall Of
Fame. Don't miss out! Spenger's added an extra Please reserve your place
TODAY.

KRE OPEN HOUSE & AFTER PARTY - TOMORROW -
November 2nd, 3 PM - 5 PM. After the luncheon come to KRE for an
afternoon open house. We will encourage the BARHOF Luncheon guests to
make an afternoon visit to see the Bay Area Radio Hall Of Fame and the
CHRS Museum.
NEW ON THE WEB -

CHRS YouTube Channel - Check out our YouTube channel where we now have
posted some of our Living history interviews. Radio stories told by
radio people. All were done at KRE, some as part of Radio Day By The
Bay.  Check out these facinating histories by Carter B. Smith, Rosie
Allen, Dave Sholin, Stan Burford, Ben Fong-Torres, Waldo Boyd, Terry
McGovern and Harry "O". 2013 BARHOF Inductees Jane Morrison and Roy
Trumbull have been added. Please check back for more additions. Also
check out the KSAN reunion from Radio Day 2013. Thanks to Dave Billeci
for his dedication and hard work on this project.

2013 Restoration Contest Entries - The contest has begun! Check out the
'basket cases' before restoration. See the contestants and their
projects.

AWA Museum Tour - Chairman Mike Adams shot this video tour of the new
AWA Museum in Bloomfield, NY. Both Mike and Bart Lee were speakers at
the recent AWA Convention.

Radio Archeology - Bart Lee has created a great presentation presented
at the AWA Convention. It's a facinating look at places where radio used
to be!

---  Join the BerkeleyTIP-Global mail list -   http://groups.google.com/group/BerkTIPGlobal. All Freedom SW, HW & Culture.