[Noisebridge-discuss] Meeting Notes 2013 11 12 - slightly abridged

spinach williams spinach.williams at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 16:57:40 UTC 2013

On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 2:40 AM, Frantisek Apfelbeck <algoldor at yahoo.com>wrote:

> A. "As a result of our prior conversation, we collectively propose: If a
> member has not identified themself as such by adding the Category:Members
> to their wiki user page by $DATE, they shall no longer be a member of
> Noisebridge."

> unidentified members (on hiatus or active) to the Noisebridge community.
> Why the people should be identified, why the deadlines? Explain please. It
> would be very reasonable to get at least in touch with the members letting
> them know that the things are changing, but I do not see this written
> anywhere.

lol, it's a coup. the gentrification of the mission metastasizing the
bridge itself, and anyone who speaks up without a so-called solution (the
oft-cited solution "just stop" is summarily dismissed) is branded
"negative" and never listened to again. it's sharp, even if unintentional.
there goes years of accumulated tools, books, knowledge, community goodwill
etc. into the hands of dudes who just got here. gonna let it keep happening?