[Noisebridge-discuss] anti-anonymity proposals

Jeffrey Carl Faden jeffreyatw at gmail.com
Sat Nov 16 00:14:37 UTC 2013

Just thought I'd throw in my two cents and say that this sort of incorrectness in regards to correctly dealing with harassment is what fuels my ennui toward Noisebridge. The idea that individual incidents have no bearing on how the community should conduct itself is quite off-base.

One of the reasons I teach my class is because I want to attract new people to Noisebridge (which distresses me since so many new students have been asking me to how to find members to allow them to remain in the space). I'd wager that half of my new students are fe^H^Hwomen, and if I can't guarantee that a support system will be in place for them when they're on their own, then I can't see why I continue teaching at Noisebridge in the first place.

On a positive note, I am happy to see that no one has recently provided any pull requests for Noisebridge's anti-harassment policy. That must mean that we're okay with it and that it will continue to be upheld without incident.

Jeffrey