[Noisebridge-discuss] Frantisek's Membership Status

Tom Lowenthal me at tomlowenthal.com
Sat Nov 23 06:27:23 UTC 2013

On 22 November 2013 22:12, Frantisek Apfelbeck <algoldor at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Before proclaiming someone of not being a member of Noisebridge publicly and
> with his/her name in the subject please do make sure to confirm the
> situation. Also for your information putting a name of person to the subject
> line of message going to the discuss is not a good idea. I do not see why
> should I prove to you that I'm a member by electronic means, check the
> binder contact a treasurer if in doubts. In other words fallow Noisebridge
> policies and guidelines please.
>
> Can you forward the copy of the message from the treasurer stating I'm not a
> member? In this case member on hiatus. Do so please and copy the list, make
> also sure that you did not overlooked my member application and sponsors in
> the member binder. Otherwise apologise in public please.
>
> I would like to know if I missed procedure which allows members of
> Noisebridge ban/suspend other members. If so point to that, thank you.
>
> And yes I do think you went way to far.
>
> Thanks you,
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Frantisek Algoldor Apfelbeck
>
> PS Both Mitch and Jacob are my sponsors.

Hi Frantisek,

It looked to me like you were publicly asking me to publicly tell you
whether you were a member. My apologies if I misunderstood. I'm the
secretary, and I've been maintaining the membership rolls since I took
over from Danny (who switched to treasurer, taking over from Kelley).

Your name does not appear anywhere in my records: either in the
current, hiatus, or former member lists. I have all the paper records
Danny gave me, and all the forms which have been given to me since,
but I do not have a paper membership form with your name on it.

-Tom