[Noisebridge-discuss] Frantisek's Membership Status

Jacob Appelbaum jacob at appelbaum.net
Sat Nov 23 08:55:29 UTC 2013

Andy Isaacson:
> On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 10:27:23PM -0800, Tom Lowenthal wrote:
>> Hi Frantisek,
>>
>> It looked to me like you were publicly asking me to publicly tell you
>> whether you were a member. My apologies if I misunderstood. I'm the
>> secretary, and I've been maintaining the membership rolls since I took
>> over from Danny (who switched to treasurer, taking over from Kelley).
>>
>> Your name does not appear anywhere in my records: either in the
>> current, hiatus, or former member lists. I have all the paper records
>> Danny gave me, and all the forms which have been given to me since,
>> but I do not have a paper membership form with your name on it.
>
> Starting a new thread to call him out as not a member is hardly a
> proportionate response to his question buried in a thread somewhere.
>
> The membership lists have never been completely accurate.  We've always
> avoided requiring that members of noisebridge hew to any single
> technology.  (These are both features, not bugs.)
>
> Frantisek certainly was a member of Noisebridge when he was active in
> the eary days of the buildout at 2169, and I'm fairly certain he never
> rescinded his membership.  Our systems are somewhat fuzzy (this is a
> feature), but I assume dues haven't been paid for Frantisek in over a
> year, so perhaps that means he's a hiatus member or similar.
>
> Based on recent behavior I venture that Frantisek is doing a better job
> of representing the spirit of Noisebridge than many of the petty
> authoritarians who've promulgated the recent spate of rule-making and
> so-called consensus.

Indeed. Everything you've said and more.

I directly told Tom that I wanted him to block this wikipage related
outing of members as my proxy. He has failed to do so as a member and he
did not represent my hard resistance, clearly, if this has passed any
consensus process. What petty authoritarianism indeed.

Everyone should ignore this "consensus" item as it was clearly not a
matter of Noisebridge consensus. If anyone is removed for not following
these wiki related rules or they are not allowed to participate by
someone citing these rules, I move that we remove these petty
authoritarians from Noisebridge.

This wikipage stuff is not in the spirit of Noisebridge, it is the
spirit of someone who is vying for power and man, to do that at
Noisebridge is really really sad.

Tom - could you please knock it off?

Sincerely,
Jake