[Noisebridge-discuss] how to protect media wikies against spammers - in general

Chris Egeland chris at chrisegeland.com
Sun Nov 24 07:15:27 UTC 2013

Frantisek,

Check out the Special:Nuke extension and also consider implementing recaptcha and site-specific registration questions. For example, the wiki that runs our website for SYN/HAK asks what city we are in (which is plastered all over our home page, so it's not a secret or anything).

Also, if you have thousands of edits to deal with, check out AutoWikiBrowser which can be useful if you know what you're doing.

If you have any questions about running a wiki, let me know. I manage most of the frontend stuff on our wiki and have been doing so for over a year

Chris Egeland
SYN/HAK

Sent from my iPhone