[Noisebridge-discuss] Girls Hack

johnyradio johnyradio at gmail.com
Thu Oct 17 21:31:51 UTC 2013

I founded a violence-prevention nonprofit organization in Bayview
Hunters Point, a ghetto community, three years ago.

I provide electronics mentoring for at-risk youths. We have a special
emphasis on girls, since girls have been historically excluded and
discouraged from technical fields.

Here's a short video of some of my teenage girl students.
http://vimeo.com/72933555
(music - Queen Latifah & Monie Love)

I have a waiting list of kids from the public housing projects waiting
to participate, ages 10 to 20 yrs. They love doing electronics and
building stuff!

Supported by a grant from Hitachi Electronics
www.bayviewboom.org

--

Johny Radio

Stick It In Your Ear!