[Noisebridge-discuss] Anyone have a Darlington Transistor Array?

Tyler Freeman artist at odbol.com
Mon Oct 21 06:48:38 UTC 2013

Hi!

I'm trying to output hex digits to a 7-segment LED, but it turns out the
BCD decoder driver I was using doesn't do letters A-F. There was a nice
old chip called the DM9368 that could do hexadecimal letters, but it was
discontinued for some reason.

So now I'm going to just do it without a decoder, using a darlington
transistor array like this one:
http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/uln2803a.pdf

The thing is, this is kind of an emergency last minute change so I don't
have time to order one... does anyone have a ULN2803 or similar lying
around that I could borrow and test with my circuit? Or know of another
way to do letters on a 7-segment LED? Any help would be appreciated!

-Tyler