[Noisebridge-discuss] media wiki image upload and viewing - best ways?

Frantisek Apfelbeck algoldor at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 23 02:09:43 UTC 2013

Hi to all,
I'm trying to upload pictures to our new food hacking base (fhb) group wiki and I'm not succeeding completely.

I've managed so far to upload the picture and view it, however only in the native size like this:

[[File:Fhb_logo_cut_kasiri_jeju_800_fa26062013.jpg]]

if I try to resize it and add some addition info like here:

[[File:Fhb_logo_cut_kasiri_jeju_800_fa26062013.jpg|300px|thumb|center|Bambibi mascot]]

I get just "link" no picture viewed at all.

I wonder if I need to install some plugins for media wiki like I did before for doku wiki (gallery in that case)?

Also I would like to know if you would recommend rather to share the pictures on flicker and put on our wiki's just links. I have seen that being done by many hackerspaces. Are the advantages speed and organization (having it all on one account)? What plugins would you recommend to install in that case? Is there some "group flicker account" set up which you would recommend?

Our wiki is here

https://foodhackingbase.org/wiki/Main_Page

Many thanks for any ideas and help,

Sincerely,