[Noisebridge-discuss] open source flickr alternatives

Frantisek Apfelbeck algoldor at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 24 01:02:57 UTC 2013

Hi,
I was about to open an account for our group (food hacking base) on Flicker (against my dislike of Yahoo) but it annoyed me so much just on the first page that I really would like to put some extra effort into using some another open source service even if it is more tricky and not so well supported.

If anyone has some positive experience with an alternative I would appreciate to know about that. At the moment our main goal is to have our photos there most if not all directly "viewable" by public. Other feature is easy linking to our media wiki page so we can share it as thumbs keeping the pages light weight.

Many thanks for any info,

Sincerely,

Frantisek Algoldor Apfelbeck

PS Concerning the first window it was in Korean, second it asked me to type in a password so complicated that no one would remember and last and most it insisted on collecting my mobile phone information/number, which is clear no no for me (I do not have one anyway).

biotechnologist&kvasir and hacker

http://www.frantisekapfelbeck.org