[Noisebridge-discuss] Girls Hack

LinkReincarnate linkreincarnate at gmail.com
Wed Oct 30 21:08:03 UTC 2013

Project much Brink?

YOUR EXPERIENCES ARE NOT INDICATIVE OF EVERYONE"S EXPERIENCES.
Just because you had opportunities to explore those interests does not mean
everyone  did. The fact that other  girls did not have the opportunity that
you did does not diminish your standing as a woman in a STEM field or
discourage women from moving into said field now.  What you seem to be
arguing though is that women never were discriminated against in the first
place (using the fact that you yourself persued those interests) and that
women who bemoan not having the opportunities that you have are just lazy
or stupid or both.
I've said this before and I'll continue saying it until it makes a dent in
the collective consciousness.
YOU (and everyone) SUCK AT PREDICTING PEOPLE"S MOTIVATIONS AND UNDERLYING
THOUGHT PROCESSES SO STOP ACTING ON THOSE PREDICTIONS.
I've seen a lot of people who should be allies destroying Noisebridge
through misinterpreting each others motivations.   If you are interpreting
someone's thought process or motivation it's a safe bet to assume you are
already wrong.

--
www.linkreincarnate.com