[Noisebridge-discuss] Elevator status

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Tue Oct 15 18:45:04 UTC 2013

On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 11:31:23AM -0700, Liz Henry wrote:
> Hi there NB-discuss. Is the elevator working yet?

I don't know this part, as I haven't been to the space in several weeks,
but I can answer some of the second part.

> If not, can someone let me know what's up with the situation?  Let me know
> if you called our building manager, the city inspector, a repair person, or
> where we are in the process.  I would like to know a timeline.

The building manager Brian is aware of the situation; we emailed him
within 6 hours of becoming aware of the inspector's notice, and he got
back to us promptly.  He promised to schedule a repairman, but then
flaked somewhat and it took several days before he got everything he
needed.  I believe he has everything he needs, but I see I don't have
confirmation of that, so I've sent an email asking for confirmation and
added you to the CC list.  Sorry for not CCing you in the first place.

The dependency chain is, Brian needs (a copy of) the letter; he gives it
to the elevator repairman; repairman comes in and does the work;
inspector comes in and checks off the work; elevator returns to working
order.

I believe we're somewhere in the middle of that chain now.

> I would also like to ask that people continue NOT to block the elevator on
> the third or second floor.

Indeed, that's a terrible idea.  Anything stored in the elevator lobby
can be treated as debris and should be disposed of immediately if it's
in the way.

-andy