[Noisebridge-discuss] OOTSIDEBOX project: Touchless & gesture control /Open source/Open HW/Arduino => coming soon at NOISEBRIDGE

Jean Noel jnl.ootsidebox at gmail.com
Fri Oct 25 09:42:18 UTC 2013

Hi There,

I'm Jean Noël, I'm Self-taught electronician, inventor and "techno-dreamer"
I'm setting up an event at NOISEBRIDGE where I'll present my current
project: OOTSIDEBOX

It's a *"Touchless & gesture control" techno* which will be *open to
hack for everybody*, see the demo here: http://youtu.be/V67WuFBAX4A
It doesn't use no camera, but E-fields analysis instead.

_There are 7 key concepts underlaying the design_

*Open source, open HardWare:*
     The electronics schematics and the source code will be delivred
under Creative Commons licence (CC BY-NC-SA).
*3D Printer:*
     We will deliver the mechanical sketches (under Creative Commons
Licence). And our design will be oriented in the way that you can use a
3D Printer to make your own custom version.
*Arduino:*
     The software will be compatible with Arduino's IDE and the
microcontroler will be an ATMEL.
*Android:*
     Our software is compatible with Android devices, we send the 3D
input coordinates and gesture events on the USB OTG port.
*Crowdfunding:*
     The product will be launched early 2014 on Kickstarter.
*Apps:*
     A nice bunch of apps will be available: gaming, cooking and playing
music.
*Unity:*
     For game developers, OOTSIDEBOX's input will be very easy to use
due to the plug-in for UNITY 3D game engine.

*The event will take place on Sat november 23th at 2pm, CHURCH classroom,*
at the moment*I'm looking for some local support* (indeed I'm in France)
for a better anticipation at the organization level.

Feel free to join and share this event,
if you plan to participate, it's a good idea to register on FB:
https://www.facebook.com/events/148480705361980/
Or send me an Email: jnl.ootsidebox at gmail.com

Enjoy your hacking days!

Best Regards

Jean Noël @ootsidebox

*Find out more about OOTSIDEBOX project:*
http://ootsidebox.blogspot.fr/2013/09/ootsidebox-coming-soon-in-california.html#!
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrTROLLEEN
www.ootsidebox.com
http://ootsidebox.blogspot.fr/2013/10/7-key-concepts-underlaying-design-of.html