[Noisebridge-discuss] finally transferring away from yahoo mail - Gmail, riseup other suggestions

Frantisek Apfelbeck algoldor at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 10 00:02:41 UTC 2013

Hi to all,
Short apology first I not find the previous post when I asked some two months ago where to get away from yahoo - most of my yahoo emails are unaccessible again, as usually, another lovely "change" of the yahoo messenger so I can not go through that info now.

I'm considering to go for Gmail, the usual conversations, hacker discusses, food hacking base etc, and riseup for the private ones, minimum of conversations, below 30-50 per week I would say, probably less. Does it sounds reasonable?

##Gmail - What I would like to ask is how much stable/accessible do you consider Gmail (based on your private experience) and if you know what is their approach concerning changing the menus/bars etc. in the client, do they ask you if you want to use the new one or do they kick you in without any confirmation on your side (like Yahoo)?

##Riseup - could two people who know me and trust me generate the invitation codes for me and send it to me

===>>> "To create codes, existing users can login to user.riseup.net and click 'Invites'.
"

##My own email server - want  to start on that and play with that for a year or so seeing if I can do it in a stable and safe way enough, switching for maybe later.

##Commercial option - if I invest around $50 per year for a commercial email server, could you once more recommend me what I could get? Some linux/hacker friendly firm or coop/org preferred. Sorry for not checking the thoughts from previous emails, just can not access them (and I would have a problem to find the tread probably anyway).

Many thanks for previous and current help and info,

Sincerely from Jeju,

Frantisek Algoldor Apfelbeck

biotechnologist&kvasir and hacker

http://www.frantisekapfelbeck.org