[Noisebridge-discuss] Event proposal: Redecentralize meetup on Tues, Oct 22nd at 6:30PM

Max Ogden max at maxogden.com
Tue Oct 15 23:50:23 UTC 2013

Hey noisebridgers,

(apologies if this is a double post -- it's my first noisebridge discuss
post)

There is an international p2p hackers in town for a limited time next week (
https://twitter.com/dominictarr) and we were hoping to do a low-key meetup
to discuss hacking the gibson, hacking the planet and p2p-ing all the
things.

Some friends of mine in London have been organizing a distributed
initiative called http://redecentralize.org/, so I figured we could do a SF
meetup.

I'd like to do it at Noisebridge at 6:30 on the 22nd -- we don't need much
space. The overlapping recurring Tuesday events are:

17:00 - 19:00 *ix Linux.BSD.UNIX Open Learning and Hacking Learning by
doing in Linux/OpenBSD/FreeBSD/Unix/Others in Turing.
19:00 - 21:00 Ruby and Rails class - Seminar and workshop for learning
everything about Ruby, Rails, and web application development (Church
classroom).
19:30 - 21:00 Light Patterns with LEDs and Microcontrollers - Learn how to
make light dance and do your bidding! We will make Arduino sketches to
control multicolor LED pixels.

I've helped setup + teardown 5mof before and am happy to be in charge of
setup and cleanup for our meetup. It will basically be a bunch of computer
programmers sitting around talking to each other :D

Cheers,
Max Ogden
The Internet